The Art of Campaigning: How to Fight for a Just and Sustainable Future
Leading youth climate activist, organiser, and speaker Noga Levy-Rapoport will give a lecture on “The Art of Campaigning: How to Fight for a Just and Sustainable Future”.
Space is limited so entrance to the lecture is by ticket only. Arrive at 2.00 for 2.30.
Nova will be setting out how we can build broad and inclusive social movements that are grounded in historical successes, how to rise to meet future crises using political and creative education, the lessons we can learn from UK and global campaigns and the importance of defending our freedom to protest for the planet.
The lecture is taking place on
EARTH DAY 2023
followed by a question and answer session
Saturday 22 April
2 – 5pm THIRSK TOWN HALL
Tickets are free but limited. To apply, please email:
As well as displays, exhibitions and local produce for sale, there will be presentations and talks throughout the morning.
- Discover how our local, legendary cheesemaker, the late Judy Bell, extended the hand of friendship to Syrian refugee Razan Alsous who now has her own multi-award winning cheese and dairy company.
- Learn about the North East Fishing Collective’s continuing fight to discover the real cause of mass sea life deaths in the North Sea.
- Explore bee keeping and climate change with an expert and sample delicious local honey.
- Guided bird watching walks will start from the Town Hall at 10.30 and noon – exploring the importance of our local green spaces.
- Stock up with delicious homemade jams, preserves and local produce.
- Bring things to be mended or sharpened by the Thirsk Repair Cafe
- Beekeeping Association
- Co-operative movement
- Country markets
- Campaign for the Protection of Rural England
- Deer Shed Festival
- Friends of the Earth
- Hambleton Strollers
- North East Fishing Collective
- NY Rotters
- Owl Rescue Society
- Royal Society for Protection of Birds
- Thirsk Community Library
- Women’s Institute
- Woodland Trust
- Yorkshire Dales Rivers Trust and more
Download the 2023 details from here: Joan Maynard Memorial Lecture 2023