Your Candidate for Filey
Graham has lived on the Yorkshire coast for almost 30 years and hopes to enjoy a long retirement here.
He’s a keen birder and cares passionately about the environment. He was an RSPB volunteer running the local RSPB Wildlife Explorer group for more than 10 years and is the Filey Bird Observatory and Group’s vice-chair.
Graham has worked in Higher Education for all of his career, focusing at the moment on supporting university staff and students to work online during the global pandemic. He cares about providing education and training opportunities for people. He was a governor/chair at St Martins CE (Aided) Primary School for 15 years and at Filey School before and after it was academised.
Graham says “A union member for all my working life I support the values of the Labour Party. I’m standing in the County Council election for the Labour party because:
- Labour Party supporters in Filey deserve the opportunity to vote for their party.
- I care about the environment and the need to balance development and conservation in our area.
- I care about the opportunities and support available for our community.
- I want to make sure that Yorkshire County Council makes budget decisions in an ethical way to support those in most need in our area.
- We have suffered under Tory control for too long at all levels of government”