Jill Wells: Kirkbymoorside & Dales
North Yorkshire Council Candidate 2022
Jill Wells has lived in Kirkbymoorside for the past 26 years and have been involved in the life of the town and area in many different guises over the years. She has taught as a teacher in local schools, both primary and secondary, and most recently as the Head teacher of Sinnington CP School. She has also been a foster carer for teenage girls.
Now Jill has retired, she fills her time with being a town councillor (Deputy Mayor of Kirkbymoorside), member of the Community Fridge committee, Rainbow Leader, avid virtual quiz participant and supporter of Street Paws (a charity for homeless people with dogs). Jill is also secretary for the North Ryedale Branch of the Thirsk and Malton Constituency Labour Party.
Jill Says: I’m standing in the North Yorkshire Counil election for the Labour Party because;
- I care about vulnerable adults and older people and want them to be properly cared for
- I want affordable housing for local people, so our young families do not have to move away
- I care about climate change, the environment, and resources in our area
- I want local transport to be available and accessible to all
- I want Ryedale to be the best place to live